The Cure for Cold Weather: Hot Water
It sure is cold outside, in San Diego! As of January 5, 2022, the city was on its 37th consecutive day without reaching 70 degrees, according to The San Diego Union-Tribune. This is the longest San Diego has stayed so cool in six years. Well, San Diego-cool, anyway.
There’s no better way to warm up after being out and about on a cold day than taking a long, hot shower or bath. It’s especially enjoyable if you have a tankless water heater that provides a continuous flow of hot water.
Nothing is more annoying than running out of hot water before the tub is full or you’ve rinsed the soap off in the shower! That is how a tankless water heater can help! Tankless water heaters generate hot water on demand rather than drawing from already heated water in a traditional tank. It won’t matter if someone else beats you to the shower – you won’t run out of hot water.
Turns out you’ll enjoy some additional health benefits besides just getting warm, too.
Health benefits of hot water
- Relieves stress. Hot water can be both therapeutic and reinvigorating because blood flow increases to the skin, according to Dr. Bobby Buka, a dermatologist based in New York.
- Burns calories. According to one study, one hour of soaking in a hot bath burned as many calories as half an hour of walking.
- Lowers blood sugar levels. The same study (above) also found that when participants took a hot bath, their peak blood sugar levels after eating were about 10% lower than when they exercised instead.
- Soothes sore muscles and achy joints. A hot bath thoroughly warms and relaxes your muscles.
- Improves blood circulation. Water creates physical pressure on the body and increases the capacity of the heart.
- Relieves headaches and migraines. According to Migraine.com, showers and baths are forms of heat therapy. They say that a warm shower has the power to stop pain signals from traveling to the brain and increase blood flow which can help soothe muscles.
- Relieves cold symptoms and improves breathing. The steam opens up nasal passages and makes it easier to breathe.
Get hot water and go tankless
You can enjoy that warm shower or bath guilt-free because tankless water heaters are energy efficient. While traditional tank water heaters heat water continuously, tankless water heaters heat only as much water as needed, when it is needed. Since tankless units use less energy, they can also lower your utility bills. For example, ENERGY STAR certified tankless water heaters save a family of four at least $95 per year, or $1,800 over the lifetime of the water heater, on gas bills compared to a traditional tank water heater.
Don’t have a tankless water heater?
Arnett’s Water Systems is proud to be the #1 provider of Noritz tankless water heaters in San Diego. We have over twenty-five years of experience installing, selling and fixing Noritz brand tankless heaters and we’re ready to provide those services to you, as well. We offer free estimates as well as financing on all tankless water heaters, filtration systems and water softeners.