When it comes to tankless water heater repair, San Diego homeowners are best advised to be cautious before taking their appliance apart. Tankless water heaters are highly sensitive devices that require expert care when something’s really wrong.
A Simple Repair
However, there’s one repair you can take care of yourself. If your water heater is delivering less water, or if the water is cloudy, it indicates a build-up of sediment in the heating element. Here’s how to flush it out:
– Turn off the power on your water heater, and close off the three water valves.
– Carefully remove the purge port valve caps on the hot and cold water valves.
– Attach a hosing line to each of the valves, and open the purge port valves.
– Flush out the system with undiluted white vinegar, always making sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions as noted in the manual.
– Close the purge port valves and remove the hosing lines.
– Replace the purge port valve caps.
– Restart your tankless water heater.
– Open the hot water faucet in the kitchen or bathroom slowly. This will allow the air to escape.
More Complex Problems
Though you can find information online about how to repair more complex water heater problems, it’s advisable to hire a professional plumber instead. Imagine trying to replace the heating element in your tankless water heater. This requires not only knowledge of your home’s plumbing, but also of the device’s electrical setup. One mistake could cause costly damage, or even put you at risk of serious electrical shock.
That’s why the team at Arnetts Plumbing is always available to help you with your tankless water heater issues. We offer routine servicing so your appliance is well-maintained. We also provide repairs services for a wide variety of makes and models. And of course, if your appliance is old and you want to upgrade to a newer and more energy-efficient model, we can haul your old water heater away and install the new one for you. So don’t wait any longer: call Arnetts Plumbing and schedule your tankless water heater servicing today!