- 06 Aug Off
Installing a tankless water heater is a big investment. The parts alone can run $500 to $1,000 or more depending on the application, with labor easily running several thousand dollars alone depending on what type of work you need done. That’s why choosing a plumber for the installation must be done right. Here are five things to look for when picking a plumber to install your new tankless heater.
– Look for experience: Tankless water heater installations can be complicated, with re-done plumbing and significant updates depending on specific codes in your state or city. Because of this, you should always look for someone with experience installing tankless water heaters.
– Ask for an upfront estimate: Installing a tankless water heater is expensive, and you don’t want to sign up a plumber without getting an estimate of the work. If the plumber doesn’t provide a written estimate of the work themselves, ask for one before you sign anything. Keep in mind as well that the lowest-cost provider isn’t always the best.
– Ask to see a license. All plumbers are required to have state licenses. Ask to see a copy of their license and verify it with the state.
– Check for insurance: Any plumber you select will be conducting extensive remodeling on your home to ensure the tankless heater is installed properly. You’ll want to make sure they are insured against damages in case something happens to your home and that they have workman’s compensation for any on-the-job injuries.
– Business stability: The longer a plumber is in business, the more likely you’ll be able to rely on them should you need repairs to your tankless heater somewhere down the line. The length of time they’re in business also means that they’ll do a good job on the install.
If you’re looking to get a tankless water heater installed, be sure to give Arnett’s a call today!